In This New FREE Report You'll Discover 7 Quick And Easy Things To Instantly Improve Your Ball Striking. Here's a small preview of what you'll find in the PDF:
- Shortcut#1: Discover Ben Hogan's secret for hitting the sweet spot consistently.
- Shortcut #2: The cure for fat shots.
- Shortcut #3: The key to a successful golf swing.
- Shortcut #4: How to hit one shot - consistently.
- Shortcut #5: Improve your consistency by doing this.
- Shortcut #6: The real way to play one shot at a time.
- Shortcut #7: Ben Hogan's secret to low scores.
Precision is critical to developing a solid short game. In the right situation, a well-executed chip shot can help you escape trouble and position yourself for a simple up and down.
The keys to developing a successful, repeatable chip shot involve keeping your swing and trajectory under control.
Taking a shorter, more controlled swing and keeping the trajectory low allows you to effectively manage runout and achieve greater greenside accuracy.
The ball is just off the green and you have 30′ to 40′ of relatively flat surface between you and the hole to work with. When faced with this scenario, a majority of amateurs may pull a higher-lofted wedge and try to pitch the ball all the way to the hole.
In this situation, that’s not your best bet. Opening your club face and taking a longer swing introduces unnecessary variables that make it difficult to cleanly contact the ball and predicts how the ball will release upon impact.
Instead of attempting a pitch shot, try chipping.
HOW TO CHIP
• Grab your 52-degree wedge.
• Position the ball slightly back in your stance, about a hair back from center.
• Gently lean your hands forward, just inside your front thigh.
• Focus on a “landing spot” between yourself and the hole while taking a few practice swings (no further than knee height).
• Address the ball and take the same controlled swing. The outcome should be a low shot that flies roughly a third of the way to the hole and runs out the remaining two thirds on the green.
Discover more golf Pro Tips: http://protips.dickssportinggoods.com/sports-and-activities/golf
Shop Wedges: http://protips.dickssportinggoods.com/sports-and-activities/golf
Shop Golf Balls: https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/products/golf-balls.jsp
Shop Golf Gloves: https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/prducts/golf-gloves.jsp