In This New FREE Report You'll Discover 7 Quick And Easy Things To Instantly Improve Your Ball Striking. Here's a small preview of what you'll find in the PDF:
- Shortcut#1: Discover Ben Hogan's secret for hitting the sweet spot consistently.
- Shortcut #2: The cure for fat shots.
- Shortcut #3: The key to a successful golf swing.
- Shortcut #4: How to hit one shot - consistently.
- Shortcut #5: Improve your consistency by doing this.
- Shortcut #6: The real way to play one shot at a time.
- Shortcut #7: Ben Hogan's secret to low scores.
Update (11:12 a.m. ET): Second-round play at the Houston Open will resume at noon ET. Afternoon tee times will be pushed back 2 hours, 5 minutes.
HUMBLE, Texas – As expected, the second round of the Houston Open has been suspended because of inclement weather.
Tournament officials blew the horn to stop play at 9:54 a.m. ET, which gave them plenty of time to pull the players off the course before the thunderstorms arrived. The delay is expected to be significant, as the storms aren’t expected to pass until at least noon ET.
This cold front will bring cooler temperatures (55 degrees at 7 p.m. ET) and high winds (up to 25 mph sustained with 30 mph gusts) Friday afternoon, which will benefit some of Friday’s earlier groups. Before the horn blew, Peter Malnati had tied the lead with a 5-under start through five holes. Robert Garrigus was also 5 under on his round, moving up to 7 under, one shot off the lead, after seven holes.
With the delay, the late afternoon groups will surely have to finish their rounds on Saturday morning – and in tougher conditions. Winds for Saturday morning will still be 7-14 mph with 15-20 mph gusts.