In This New FREE Report You'll Discover 7 Quick And Easy Things To Instantly Improve Your Ball Striking. Here's a small preview of what you'll find in the PDF:
- Shortcut#1: Discover Ben Hogan's secret for hitting the sweet spot consistently.
- Shortcut #2: The cure for fat shots.
- Shortcut #3: The key to a successful golf swing.
- Shortcut #4: How to hit one shot - consistently.
- Shortcut #5: Improve your consistency by doing this.
- Shortcut #6: The real way to play one shot at a time.
- Shortcut #7: Ben Hogan's secret to low scores.
TOLEDO, Ohio – Anna Nordvist and Matilda Castren provided the first point of the Solheim Cup and European captain Catriona Matthew is hoping they can win again in the afternoon fourballs on Day 1 at Inverness Club.
Matthew and U.S. captain Pat Hurst are sending out all 12 players on the opening day of competition as those who sat the morning foursomes will be in action Saturday afternoon.
Castren and Nordqvist are the only returning partners from the a.m. session. Europe will pair a couple of Solheim Cup rookies in Nanna Koerstz Madsen an Madelene Sagstrom. The U.S., meanwhile, will put rookies Jennifer Kupcho, Mina Harigae and Yealimi Noh with veterans.
Nelly Korda will also split from sister Jessica, with whom she lost in foursomes, and play alongside Ally Ewing, who halved her morning match after missing a 3-footer for the win.
Here’s a look at the fourball pairings (all times ET):
- 12:35PM: Nanna Koerstz Madsen/Madelene Sagstrom (EUR) vs. Nelly Korda/Ally Ewing (USA)
- 12:50PM: Carlota Ciganda/Sophia Popov (EUR) vs. Jennifer Kupcho/Lizette Salas (USA)
- 1:05PM: Anna Nordqvist/Matilda Castren (EUR) vs. Lexi Thompson/Mina Harigae (USA)
- 1:20PM: Georgia Hall/Leona Maguire (EUR) vs. Yealimi Noh/Brittany Altomare (USA)